CE Requirements for RNs:
RNs are required to complete 3 contact hours infection control every 4 years; 2 contact hours child abuse (one time requirement for initial license); Programs must be from an approved provider.
Any prescriber with a DEA registration number must complete 3 hours of course work or training in pain management, palliative care, and addiction. Course work must be completed by July 1, 2017, and once every three years thereafter. PHL §3309-a(3).
Training topics may be covered by a single comprehensive training or by multiple individual training's for a total of at least three hours. Prescribers must complete course work in the following eight topic areas:
- New York State and federal requirements for prescribing controlled substances
- Pain management
- Appropriate prescribing
- Managing acute pain
- Palliative medicine
- Prevention (screening and signs of addiction)
- Responses to abuse and addiction
- End of life care.
CE Requirements for LPNs:
LPNs are required to complete 3 contact hours infection control every 4 years; Program must be from an approved provider.
Continuing Education courses listed in this New York Requirements for Professional Licensure category will help you to meet the licensure requirements for RNs and other health care professionals in New York.
There are some pretty big advantages in choosing nurse.com for your continuing education:
- Our system allows for you to keep track of all your transcripts in one place
- All courses are tracked digitally and can be accessed at anytime
- Every course is developed by nurses for nurses and goes through a rigorous review process
- You can access more than 600 independent self-study continuing nursing education courses
- We are the recipient of the 2007-09, 2009-11, 2012-15 ANCC Accreditation Premier Program Award for innovation and excellence in the provision of continuing nursing education.