The goal of this presentation is to educate healthcare professionals about relationship between chronic diseases, their affects on nutrient metabolism, challenges, and potential interventions. Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to do the following:
- Discuss the complexity of nutrition and chronic diseases interactions
- List the factors involved in appetite control
- Discuss the role of malnutrition in diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Identify the nutritional challenges faced by patients with chronic diseases
- List realistic lifestyle changes patients should make
This course is intended for an interprofessional audience, including nurses and dietitians.
Nurses: Take this version of the course to ensure you receive appropriate credit.
For the version accredited or approved for another profession, go to your specific profession at www.continuingeducation.com
. If you have a CE Direct login ID and password (generally provided by your employer), please log in as you normally would at lms.nurse.com
and search for this topic title.