CE Requirements for RNs:
The license of every person licensed under the provisions of the South Carolina Nurse Practice Act to practice as a registered nurse (RN) or as a licensed practical nurse (LPN) in the state must be renewed biennially by April 30.
Demonstration of competency for renewal of an active RN or LPN license biennially requires documented evidence of at least one of the following requirements during the licensure period:
1) Completion of thirty contact hours from a continuing education provider recognized by the board
2) Maintenance of certification or re-certification by a national certifying body recognized by the board
3) Completion of an academic program of study in nursing or a related field recognized by the board; OR
4) Verification of competency and the number of hours practiced as evidenced by employer certification on a form approved by the Board
CE Requirements for LPNs:
See RN requirement.
Continuing Education courses will help you to meet the requirements for RN and other health care professionals relicensure.
There are some pretty big advantages in choosing nurse.com for your continuing education:
- Our system allows for you to keep track of all your transcripts in one place
- All courses are tracked digitally and can be accessed at anytime
- Every course is developed by nurses for nurses and goes through a rigorous review process
- You can access more than 600 independent self-study continuing nursing education courses
- We are the recipient of the 2007-09, 2009-11, 2012-15 ANCC Accreditation Premier Program Award for innovation and excellence in the provision of continuing nursing education.