CE Requirements for RNs:
RNs and LPNs: 21 NCAC 36.0232: For reistatement or relicensure, a plan for continued competence and completion of one of the following is required: 1) National certification or re-certification by a national credentialing body recognized by the Board. 2) 30 contact hours of continued education. 3) Completion of a Board approved refresher course. 4) Completion of a minimum of two semester hours of post-licensure academic education related to nursing practice. --OR--15 contact hours of continued education and one of the following: 1) Completion of a nursing project as principal investigator or co-investigator to include statement of problem, project objectives, methods, date of completion and summary of findings. 2) Authoring or co-authoring a nursing related article, paper, book or book chapter. 3) Developing and conducting a nursing continuing education presentation or presentations totaling a minimum of five contact hours, including program brochure or course syllabi, objectives, date and location of presentation, and approximate number of attendees. 4) 640 hours of active practice within previous 2 years.
CE Requirements for LPNs:
See RN requirement
Continuing Education courses will help you to meet the requirements for RN and other health care professionals relicensure.
There are some pretty big advantages in choosing nurse.com for your continuing education:
- Our system allows for you to keep track of all your transcripts in one place
- All courses are tracked digitally and can be accessed at anytime
- Every course is developed by nurses for nurses and goes through a rigorous review process
- You can access more than 600 independent self-study continuing nursing education courses
- We are the recipient of the 2007-09, 2009-11, 2012-15 ANCC Accreditation Premier Program Award for innovation and excellence in the provision of continuing nursing education.