CE Requirements for RNs:
Louisiana RN and APRN licenses are calendar year licenses. Online license renewals open October 1, 2012 after 1:00 pm CST (Central Standard Time). It will remain open until 11:59 pm January 31, 2013 (CST). Please note - after December 31, 2012 11:59 pm (CST) there will be a late fee of $25.00 added to application fee.
RNs and LPNs: The annual continuing education requirement is based on employment: 5 contact hours (full-time nursing practice), 10 contact hours (part-time nursing practice), or 15 contact hours (not employed or worked less than 160 hours).
CE Requirements for LPNs:
See RN requirements
Continuing Education courses will help you to meet the requirements for RN and other health care professionals relicensure.
There are some pretty big advantages in choosing nurse.com for your continuing education:
- Our system allows for you to keep track of all your transcripts in one place
- All courses are tracked digitally and can be accessed at anytime
- Every course is developed by nurses for nurses and goes through a rigorous review process
- You can access more than 600 independent self-study continuing nursing education courses
- We are the recipient of the 2007-09, 2009-11, 2012-15 ANCC Accreditation Premier Program Award for innovation and excellence in the provision of continuing nursing education.