CE Requirements for RNs:
RNs and LPNs: For renewal of a three year license, the requirement is 36 contact hours; For renewal of a license that has been issued for less than three years, the requirement is 24 contact hours.
For reactivation from an inactive status, the requirement is 12 contact hours that are not more than 12 months old at the time the credit is submitted for reactivation
For renewal of a license that has been issued for less than three years, the requirement is 24 contact hours or 2.4 CEUs.
It is also required that RNs and LPNs who regularly examine, attend, counsel or treat dependent adults or children in Iowa complete training related to the identification and reporting of child/dependent adult abuse. The licensee is required to complete at least two hours of training every five years. The Mandatory Abuse Course taken to meet this requirement MUST be a course that has been approved by the Public Health Abuse Education Review Panel.
CE Requirements for LPNs:
See RN requirements
Continuing Education courses will help you to meet the requirements for RN and other health care professionals relicensure.
There are some pretty big advantages in choosing nurse.com for your continuing education:
- Our system allows for you to keep track of all your transcripts in one place
- All courses are tracked digitally and can be accessed at anytime
- Every course is developed by nurses for nurses and goes through a rigorous review process
- You can access more than 600 independent self-study continuing nursing education courses
- We are the recipient of the 2007-09, 2009-11, 2012-15 ANCC Accreditation Premier Program Award for innovation and excellence in the provision of continuing nursing education.