CE Requirements for RNs:
Licenses are renewed on a biennial basis - odd-numbered years for professional nurses (RN) and Advanced Practice Professional Nurses (APRN). Licenses expire on August 31st. Section 54-1411, Idaho Code.
New Continuing Competency Requirements (effective with the 2019 renewal)
In order to renew, a licensee shall complete or comply with at least two (2) of any of the learning activities listed below within the two (2) year renewal period. IDAPA 23.01.01.061
a. Practice: i. Current nursing specialty certification as defined in Section 402; ii. One hundred (100) hours of practice or simulation practice
b. Education, Continuing Education, E-learning, and In-service: i. Fifteen (15) contact hours of continuing education; ii. Completion of a minimum of one (1) semester credit hour of post-licensure academic education; iii. Completion of a Board-recognized refresher course; iv. Participation in or presentation of a workshop, seminar, or conference
c. Professional Engagement: i. Acknowledged contributor to a published nursing-related article; ii. Teaching or developing a nursing-related course of instruction; iii. Participation in related professional activities
CE Requirements for LPNs:
Licenses are renewed on a biennial basis - even-numbered years for licensed practical nurses (LPN). Licenses expire on August 31st. Section 54-1411, Idaho Code.
New Continuing Competency Requirements (effective with the 2018 renewal)
In order to renew, a licensee shall complete or comply with at least two (2) of any of the learning activities listed above in the RN requirements within the two (2) year renewal period. IDAPA 23.01.01.061.
Continuing Education courses will help you to meet the requirements for RN and other health care professionals relicensure.
There are some pretty big advantages in choosing nurse.com for your continuing education:
- Our system allows for you to keep track of all your transcripts in one place
- All courses are tracked digitally and can be accessed at anytime
- Every course is developed by nurses for nurses and goes through a rigorous review process
- You can access more than 600 independent self-study continuing nursing education courses
- We are the recipient of the 2007-09, 2009-11, 2012-15 ANCC Accreditation Premier Program Award for innovation and excellence in the provision of continuing nursing education.