The goal of this webinar is to present new research demonstrating the effectiveness of low calorie sweeteners as part of a weight management program so clinicians can counsel their patients about their use. Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors that influence appetite, food intake and eating behavior in human beings that contribute to overweight and obesity
- Describe different no and low calorie sweeteners and their distinct features
- Evaluate results from studies on the impact of low calorie sweeteners on body weight based on study design
- Identify the diet and lifestyle behaviors of people who are regular users of low calorie sweeteners
- Inform patients about the role of low calorie sweeteners in the diet
Robyn Flipse, RDN, MS, MA, Founder of Nutrition Communication Services, discloses that she is a spokesperson for Chandler Chicco Agency, McNeil Nutritionals, LLC, and Calorie Control Council. She is also a consultant for DDC Advocacy.
This course is intended for an interprofessional audience, including nurses, dietitians, health educators, and pharmacists.
Nurses: Take this version of the course to ensure you receive appropriate credit.