At the completion of this course the successful learner will be able to:
- Discuss the role of inflammatory biomarkers as it relates to declining nutritional status.
- Assess laboratory test results for hydration status, protein status, nutritional anemia and other nutrition related disorders.
- Describe the relationship between laboratory test results and changes in nutritional status.
- Differentiate the role of medications and disease as each affects laboratory test results.
- Apply principles of Nutrition Care Process in the laboratory assessment of nutritional status.
Important. The online version of this course includes two parts that must be downloaded. Part 1 is a PDF, part 2 is a Case Study Tutorial.
The course is intended for nutrition professionals
OnCourse Learning is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a level 3 course with suggested CDR learning codes of 3000, 3020, 3060, 5000, 5010, 5020, 5030, 5040, 5090, 5100 and performance indicators of 4.1.2, 8.3.7, 10.2.4, 10.2.7.
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This program has been approved for fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.