At the completion of this course the successful learner will be able to:
- Discuss the role of inflammatory biomarkers as it relates to declining nutritional status.
- Assess laboratory test results for hydration status, protein status, nutritional anemia and other nutrition related disorders.
- Describe the relationship between laboratory test results and changes in nutritional status.
- Differentiate the role of medications and disease as each affects laboratory test results.
- Apply principles of Nutrition Care Process in the laboratory assessment of nutritional status.
Important. The online version of this course includes two parts that must be downloaded. Part 1 is a PDF, part 2 is a Case Study Tutorial.
The course is intended for nutrition professionals
ContinuingEducation.com is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 3 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 3000, 3020, 3060, 5000, 5010, 5020, 5030, 5040, 5090, 5100
ContinuingEducation.com is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This course is approved for continuing education clock hours by the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM).