The goal of this continuing education program is to provide dietitians and managers with information on efficient practices and procedures to assist them with improving productivity in all areas of food preparation and service. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Define productivity and efficiency and list the principles of productivity in foodservice
- List the five steps used in problem solving
- Explain how to set up work areas for maximum efficiency
- Organize equipment to increase efficiency in serving areas
- Explain the procedures for improving storage to storeroom personnel
- Identify the elements of an inefficient task that need to be improved
- Identify five inefficient procedures in your facility that need to be improved
- Evaluate the efficiency of a newly developed method
- Test two procedures to determine the savings of time, energy and money
- Validate the economies achieved by implementing efficient procedures
- Organize an in-service training session to teach the principles of foodservice productivity
Course content may take a few minutes to display fully.
The course is intended for nutrition professionals
OnCourse Learning is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 2 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 7080, 7090, 7140, 8000, 8020, 8030, 8050, 8070, 8090.
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This program has been approved for fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.