Please read the content and listen to the audio presentation to review the full material of this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- List six options clients can choose to prepare for a counseling session.
- Identify subtle relational dynamics that interfere with the efficacy of a counseling session.
- Identify three benefits of clarifying expectations with new clients.
- List five factors that contribute to client and/or counselor complacency.
- Identify three strategies to engage clients age-appropriately in realistic goal-setting.
- Incorporate five strategies that inspire clients to invest in and benefit from journal-keeping
- Identify why including spirituality in the counseling session can enhance the value of each session for clients who choose to do so.
- Guide the client in preparing for a significant person of his/her choice to attend a session and directing the session for maximum benefit for the client.
- Heighten clients' awareness of media exposure and identify three strategies that increase the positive influence of such and three that decrease the negative.
- List six strategies for integrating stories, myths, allegories and songs into one's counseling style.
Course content may take a take a few minutes to display fully.
This course is intended for an interprofessional audience, including dietitians, health educators, athletic trainers, and fitness professionals.
Dietitians: Take this version of the course to ensure you receive appropriate credit.
For the version accredited or approved for another profession, go to your specific profession at www.continuingeducation.com
. If you have a CE Direct login ID and password (generally provided by your employer), please log in as you normally would at cedirect.continuingeducation.com
and search for this topic title.
Gannett Education is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 2 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 4060, 5370, 6000, 6010, 6020
Gannett Education is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This course is approved for continuing education clock hours by the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM).