Please read the content and listen to the audio presentation to review the full material of this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- List six options clients can choose to prepare for a counseling session.
- Identify subtle relational dynamics that interfere with the efficacy of a counseling session.
- Identify three benefits of clarifying expectations with new clients.
- List five factors that contribute to client and/or counselor complacency.
- Identify three strategies to engage clients age-appropriately in realistic goal-setting.
- Incorporate five strategies that inspire clients to invest in and benefit from journal-keeping
- Identify why including spirituality in the counseling session can enhance the value of each session for clients who choose to do so.
- Guide the client in preparing for a significant person of his/her choice to attend a session and directing the session for maximum benefit for the client.
- Heighten clients' awareness of media exposure and identify three strategies that increase the positive influence of such and three that decrease the negative.
- List six strategies for integrating stories, myths, allegories and songs into one's counseling style.
Course content may take a take a few minutes to display fully.
This course is intended for an interprofessional audience, including dietitians, health educators, athletic trainers, and fitness professionals.
Dietitians: Take this version of the course to ensure you receive appropriate credit.
For the version accredited or approved for another profession, go to your specific profession at www.continuingeducation.com
. If you have a CE Direct login ID and password (generally provided by your employer), please log in as you normally would at cedirect.continuingeducation.com
and search for this topic title.
ContinuingEducation.com is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 2 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 4060, 5370, 6000, 6010, 6020
ContinuingEducation.com is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This program has been approved for fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.