Upon successful completon of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the anatomy and functions of human skin.
- Identify factors contributing to skin breakdown.
- Discuss the steps in wound healing.
- Describe different types of wounds.
- Discuss the role of key nutrients in preventing and healing different types of wounds.
- Discuss strategies to avoid nutrition-related litigation.
Important. The online version of this course includes two parts that must be downloaded. Part 1 is a PDF, part 2 is a Case Study Tutorial.
The course is intended for nutrition professionals
OnCourse Learning is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 3 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 3000, 3020, 3040, 3060, 3100, 5000, 5010, 5020, 5030, 5380
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This program has been approved for fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.