Upon successful completon of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the anatomy and functions of human skin.
- Identify factors contributing to skin breakdown.
- Discuss the steps in wound healing.
- Describe different types of wounds.
- Discuss the role of key nutrients in preventing and healing different types of wounds.
- Discuss strategies to avoid nutrition-related litigation.
Important. The online version of this course includes two parts that must be downloaded. Part 1 is a PDF, part 2 is a Case Study Tutorial.
The course is intended for nutrition professionals
ContinuingEducation.com is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 3 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 3000, 3020, 3040, 3060, 3100, 5000, 5010, 5020, 5030, 5380
ContinuingEducation.com is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This course is approved for continuing education clock hours by the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM).