At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the argument related to the use of prescription drugs in the treatment of obesity.
- Identify the ideal candidate for which weight loss drugs may be appropriate as part of a comprehensive program.
- List FDA approved weight loss drugs.
- Explain the pharmacological effects of the weight loss drugs in the body
- Describe the future of weight loss medications.
This course is intended for an interprofessional audience, including dietitians, health educators, and fitness professionals.
Dietitians: Take this version of the course to ensure you receive appropriate credit.
For the version accredited or approved for another profession, go to your specific profession at www.continuingeducation.com
. If you have a CE Direct login ID and password (generally provided by your employer), please log in as you normally would at lms.nurse.com
and search for this topic title.
Gannett Education is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 2 course and suggested CDR learning codes are: 3000, 3070, 4000, 4060, 5000, 5370
Gannett Education is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This course is approved for continuing education clock hours by the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM).