At the completion of this session the successful learner will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between nutritional status indicators and changes in overall health.
- Discuss NFPA as a component of Nutrition Care Process.
- Describe the basic components of NFPA in terms of body systems and vital signs.
- Describe normal appearance for skin, hair and nails.
- Identify potential nutrient deficiencies associated with changes in skin, nails and hair using NFPA.
- Identify signs of wound healing using NFPA.
- Differentiate the three types of water dysregulation using NFPA.
- Discuss criteria for assessing malnutrition using NFPA techniques.
- Discuss techniques for assessing oral health and mastication.
- Discuss techniques used to assess the digestive system.
- Identify potential macronutrient deficiencies using NFPA.
- Identify potential micronutrient deficiencies using NFPA.
Important. The online version of this course includes two parts that must be downloaded. Part 1 is a PDF, part 2 is a Case Study Tutorial.
The course is intended for nutrition professionals
OnCourse Learning is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 3 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 3000, 3020, 3030, 3040, 3080, 5000, 5010, 5020, 5030, 5040, 5050, 5090, 5100, 5230, 5280, 5380
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This program has been approved for fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.