At the completion of this session the successful learner will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between nutritional status indicators and changes in overall health.
- Discuss NFPA as a component of Nutrition Care Process.
- Describe the basic components of NFPA in terms of body systems and vital signs.
- Describe normal appearance for skin, hair and nails.
- Identify potential nutrient deficiencies associated with changes in skin, nails and hair using NFPA.
- Identify signs of wound healing using NFPA.
- Differentiate the three types of water dysregulation using NFPA.
- Discuss criteria for assessing malnutrition using NFPA techniques.
- Discuss techniques for assessing oral health and mastication.
- Discuss techniques used to assess the digestive system.
- Identify potential macronutrient deficiencies using NFPA.
- Identify potential micronutrient deficiencies using NFPA.
Important. The online version of this course includes two parts that must be downloaded. Part 1 is a PDF, part 2 is a Case Study Tutorial.
The course is intended for nutrition professionals
ContinuingEducation.com is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 3 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 3000, 3020, 3030, 3040, 3080, 5000, 5010, 5020, 5030, 5040, 5050, 5090, 5100, 5230, 5280, 5380
ContinuingEducation.com is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This course is approved for continuing education clock hours by the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM).