Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of the three phases of professional development
- Summarize Core Competency statements for entry-level dietetics education
- Discuss the Standards of Professional Practice developed by the ADA
- Explain the benefits of role expansion and multi-skilling
- Apply the process of team building
- Devise various incentive systems
- Describe procedures used in disciplinary action
- Explain why effective managers will examine all aspects before using peer reviews in evaluations
- Compare different methods of performance evaluations
- Differentiate between and delineate goals and objectives
- Develop motivation techniques
Course content may take a take a few minutes to display fully.
This course is intended for an interprofessional audience, including dietitians and health educators.
Dietitians: Take this version of the course to ensure you receive appropriate credit.
For the version accredited or approved for another profession, go to your specific profession at www.continuingeducation.com
. If you have a CE Direct login ID and password (generally provided by your employer), please log in as you normally would at lms.nurse.com
and search for this topic title.
OnCourse Learning is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a level 2 course with suggested CDR learning codes of 1070, 7090, 7160, 7200 and performance indicators of 1.2.6, 1.5.2, 1.5.4, 2.2.3, 2.2.4, 3.1.2, 3.1.4, 3.1.5, 3.2.4, 4.2.7, 14.1.3, 14.1.9, 14.4.3.
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This program has been approved for fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.