At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the dynamics of the supervisor/subordinate relationship in everyday terms
- Identify common interpersonal conflicts in employment settings, and propose strategies and tactics to resolve them
- Explain the principles and give examples of effective delegation of responsibility and power within an organization
- Explain why teamwork is more important than perfectionism in most employment situations
- Identify areas where rewards for accomplishment are most effective. Give examples of rewards other than financial rewards and explain their value and effectiveness
- Define each of the 24 problem areas identified in the course, give examples of how these problems develop, how they can be identified early, and how they can be resolved
Course content may take a take a few minutes to display fully.
This course is intended for an interprofessional audience, including dietitians and health educators.
Dietitians: Take this version of the course to ensure you receive appropriate credit.
For the version accredited or approved for another profession, go to your specific profession at www.continuingeducation.com
. If you have a CE Direct login ID and password (generally provided by your employer), please log in as you normally would at lms.nurse.com
and search for this topic title.
OnCourse Learning is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a level 2 course with suggested CDR learning codes of 1070, 1130, 6030, 7020, 7090, 7190, 7200 and performance indicators of 2.1.1, 2.1.7, 2.3.3, 2.3.4, 3.1.1, 3.1.3, 4.1.1, 4.2.1, 4.2.7, 4.2.8, 14.4.1, 14.4.6.
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This program has been approved for fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.