The goal of this prescription drug-food interaction continuing education module is to inform dietitians, dietary managers, fitness professionals, health educators and occupational therapists regarding the adverse effects and effectiveness of prescription drugs caused by the intake of certain food, food substances and dietary supplements. After reading this module, the participant will be able to:
- Identify at least five factors affecting the therapeutic outcome of drug therapy
- Identify potential grapefruit-drug interactions and the potential effect on the body
- Discuss dietary monitoring and modifications needed for medications discussed
- Identify five common herbal preparations or supplements that interfere with the pharmacokinetics of certain drugs
- Identify one drug classification that herbal preparations or supplements affect
ContinuingEducation.com is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 2 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 2000, 2010, 2100, 3000, 3005, 3040, 3070, 4000, 4090, 5000, 5100, 5160
ContinuingEducation.com is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).