The goal of this continuing education program is to update the clinical knowledge of therapists about screening, identifying, and treating the most common types of anxiety disorders. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Define anxiety versus fear
- Describe DSM-5 anxiety disorder classifications and symptoms
- Identify risk factors for anxiety disorders and selected medical conditions where anxiety is present
- Identify a general anxiety disorder (GAD) screening tool
- Describe pharmacological and occupational therapy interventions
Content Level: Intermediate
Instructional Method: Online Course — Narrative
Domain 1: Client factors
Domain 2: Performance skills
Process 3: Intervention
AOTA Keywords: Mental health, Psychiatric disabilities, Intervention
OnCourse Learning is an approved provider of continuing education for occupational therapists by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy (provider # FBN 50-1489).