The goal of this program is to help advanced practice nurses (nurse practitioners and clinical nurse specialists) fulfill the American Nurses Credentialing Center 25-contact hour pharmacotherapeutics requirement for certification. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Describe 15 medications, including the dosing, adverse effects, clinical uses, and interactions
- State “black box” warnings for the medications
- Discuss the use of 15 medications in your practice
- State 15 new “APN tips” you’ll apply to your practice
- Identify special considerations for 15 medications
This CE course provides information about off-label use of products that are used for a purpose other than that for which they were approved by the FDA.
Suzanne Albrecht, MS, PharmD; Paul Arnstein, RN, MS, PhD, FAAN; Jane Dimmitt Champion, FNP, MSN, PhD, DNP, AH-PMH-CNS, FAAN; Kim Curry, ARNP, PhD; Heidi M. Dishneau, ARNP, MSN, AOCNP; Regina M. Fink, RN, PhD, AOCN, FAAN; Peggy Hasenauer, RN, MS; Annette Kelly, ARNP, MSN, PhD; Lenore C. Magrum, CRNP, MSN, AOCN; Cynthia H. McGee, ANP-BC, MSN CCRN; Cindy Parsons, ARNP, DNP, FAANP, BC; Susanne J. Pavlovich-Danis, RN, MSN, ARNP-C, CDE, CRRN; Kristine Anne Scordo, ACNP-BC, PhD, FAANP; Kim Strelczyk, RN, MSN, APRN, CIC; Anna Ver Hage, RN, CCRN, CNRN