This course will be discontinued on December 31, 2014. A new version of it will be available in the future.
This course has been approved for 4 hours by the Commission on Case Manager Certification for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 1/15/10 through 12/31/10, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
The purpose of this course is to explain how the home health industry developed, the regulations that govern it, and the role of the nurse within it. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Describe the development of the home care industry.
- Explain differences and similarities between generic case management and case management in home health.
- List three or more nursing specialties in clinical home care practice.
- State the relationship between regulations and standards in the community regarding coordination of care.
- Describe the home health benefit from the perspectives of Medicare, Medicaid and other third-party payers.
- Identify one way of developing community resources.
- Define the OASIS and describe its relationship to outcomes management.
Effective 8/1/2014, the Florida Board of Nursing will not accept contact hours offered in tenth hour increments (example: 1.6 contact hours). Course contact hours will be rounded down to the nearest half hour (example: 1.6 contact hours becomes 1.5 contact hours, 1.4 contact hours becomes 1.0 contact hours). This course will be reported to CE Broker for FL RNs, LPNs, ARNPs, and CNSs as 5 hours.