Whether just starting out in nursing, getting ready to retire, or anywhere in between, The ULTIMATE Career for Nurses: Practical Advice for Thriving at Every Stage of Your Career offers something of value for every current and future nurse. While clinical skills are the foundation of nursing practice, so many additional skills and so much more knowledge beyond the clinical realm are necessary to have a satisfying and fulfilling career. Author Donna Cardillo takes you step by step through career development and advancement as well as personal development. Written in her customary down-to-earth and humorous style, she gently nudges readers to maximize their career opportunities and to reach their full potential as nurses and as humans.
Discover how to:
- Reenergize your nursing career
- Get the most out of your current position
- Identify transferable skills
- Decide what you really want to do
- Discover and develop your own unique talents and skill set
- Avail yourself of all that nursing has to offer
- Write a winning résumé and interview like a pro
- Overcome challenges, take career risks, and make decisions
- Build professional support systems
- Explore career options
... and love what you do!
The ULTIMATE Career Guide for Nurses is full of relevant information with chapters covering:
- This Profession We Call Nursing
- Everyday Career Management
- Moving Forward, Where Do I Go From Here?
- Looking For Your Next Job
- Your Resume
- Resume Marketing, Cover Letters, CVs, and Portfolios
- Special Situations and Career challenges
- The Finishing Touches
Donna knows nurses and knows what nurses need. She has created a comprehensive guide for staying happy and fulfilled in the profession. Nurses at all stages of their careers will enjoy this book!
Andrea Higham, Director
The Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing’s Future