This course has been approved for 30 hours by the Commission on Case Manager Certification for 2013.
The purpose of this course is to provide nurses with a broad overview of clinical information representing multiple nursing specialties. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Describe how five chapters apply to your practice.
- Discuss treatment for three chronic diseases
- Discuss two women’s health issues
- Identify three infectious diseases and how they pose public health threats
- Describe how two professional development topics can be applied your nursing practice
- Discuss two pediatric conditions
- Discuss how three safety goals apply to your setting
- Describe the treatment for two emergent conditions
- Discuss three clinical topics that were new to you or that you had little knowledge of before reading this course
- Discuss the differences between two psychiatric conditions