A new version of this course is now available, 60183, "The Women's Health CE Anthology, 2013 Edition." This version will be discontinued April 30, 2013. Please plan to complete the test before the end of that day if you wish to earn contact hours for it.
The purpose of this women’s health course is to inform nurses about a diverse range of women’s health issues so that they may be better prepared to care for this patient population. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to —
- Discuss three autoimmune diseases that have a higher incidence in women than in men.
- Identify three chronic conditions found in women and the possible therapeutic interventions.
- Discuss two STDs that have a higher incidence in women, including the signs and symptoms, treatment options and education to prevent it.
- Discuss two obstetrical-related conditions, including the risk factors, signs and symptoms, and treatment options.
- Discuss two substance abuse issues as they relate to women.
- Identify two conditions that you encounter in your practice and the nursing implications associated with them.
- Describe to preventive measures women can incorporate into their lives to improve their long-term health.