A new version of this course is now available, 60181, "The Geriatric Health CE Anthology, 2013 Edition." This version will be discontinued March 1, 2013. Please plan to complete the test before the end of that day if you wish to earn contact hours for it.
The purpose of this gerontology continuing education program is to inform nurses about a number of diseases and conditions frequently seen in geriatric patients. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to —
- Describe three prevention strategies for cardiovascular disease.
- Discuss three interventions for stroke care.
- Name three chronic conditions found in older adults and possible interventions.
- Describe three conditions in elderly patients that you see in your setting and how the information in this course will affect your care for patients with those conditions.
- Identify three mental health conditions that older adults are prone to.
- Describe three treatment options for three conditions.
- Identify three prevention strategies for three types of cancer.
- Describe three treatment options for three types of cancer.
- Discuss three clinical topics that were new to you or that you had little knowledge of before reading this course.