A new version of this course is now available, 60177, "The Multidisciplinary CE Anthology, 2012 Edition." This version will be discontinued January 31, 2012. Please plan to complete the test before the end of that day if you wish to earn contact hours for it.
This course has been approved for 28 clock hours by the Commission on Case Manager Certification from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011.
The purpose of this course is to provide nurses with a broad overview of clinical information representing multiple nursing specialties. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to —
- Describe how five chapters apply to your practice
- Discuss treatment for three chronic diseases
- Discuss two women’s health issues
- Identify three infectious diseases and how they may pose public health threats
- Describe how two professional development topics can be applied your nursing practice
- Discuss two pediatric-related conditions
- Discuss how three safety goals apply to your setting.
- Describe the treatment for two emergent conditions.
- Discuss three clinical topics that were new to you or you had little knowledge of before reading this course.
- Discuss the differences between two psychiatric conditions.