This course has been approved for 4 hours by the Commission on Case Manager Certification for 2008, 2009, 1/15/10 through 12/31/10, and 2011. This course has been approved for 6 hours for 2012 and 2013.
The purpose of this coaching continuing education course is to help nurses at all levels of an organization who are in formal and informal leadership roles to understand coaching skills and appreciate the results they produce. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to —
- Identify the importance and value of coaching.
- Distinguish coaching from mentoring, therapy, precepting and training.
- Identify the basic components and the purposes of a coaching contract.
- Create strategies for helping staff embrace change.
- Describe the characteristics of a great coach.
- Identify the ways in which coaching affects the bottom line as well as quality of care.