This course has been approved for 6 hours by the Commission on Case Manager Certification for 2006. This course has been approved for 8 hours for 2007, 2008, 2009, 1/15/10 through 12/31/10, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
The purpose of this program is to prepare nurses with practical strategies that can help them to develop personal plans for developing their leadership potential. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to —
- Discuss why it is important for nurses to develop their potential as leaders.
- Identify techniques that you can use to improve your communication skills.
- Describe strategies to manage conflict effectively.
- Discuss issues related to the delegation and evaluation of work performance by others.
- Describe ways in which you can enhance your ability to cope with change, manage stress and improve your time-management skills.
- Discuss strategies you can use to improve your critical-thinking skills.
- Discuss ways in which you can plan for a rewarding nursing career.