This course will be discontinued on December 31, 2012. Please plan to complete the course before that day if you wish to earn continuing education credit.
The purpose of this course is to provide nurses with an understanding of the scope and consequences of the problem of urinary incontinence. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to —
- Describe the pathophysiology of urinary incontinence.
- Discuss the scope and consequences of urinary incontinence.
- Describe environmental conditions that affect bladder control.
- Describe the assessment of an incontinent patient.
- Discuss four treatment options for incontinent patients.
- Describe the conditions for appropriate use of continence aids.