The purpose of this program is to increase nurses’ knowledge about the causes and treatment of ototoxicity and to educate them to recognize and prevent ototoxicity in patients. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to —
- Describe the structure and function of the inner ear
- Identify common ototoxic substances
- Identify signs and symptoms of ototoxicity
- Discuss the risk factors of ototoxicity
- Explain ototoxicity assessment skills
- Explain nursing interventions for the prevention of ototoxicity and the care of ototoxic patients.
The authors have declared no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Gannett Education guarantees this program is free from bias.